Tuesday, May 28, 2019

WOW. This thing still exists?!?

So Single Track Frame of Mind is still here, huh?  Obviously I haven't posted anything since the Winter of '15. I've been running, racing, hiking, and climbing my ass off these last few years but have just been sharing it on Facebook instead of doing any real writing. Facebook just makes it too darn easy to throw quick race reports up nowadays.

Anyway, I was wanting to do a more comprehensive write up of a 50K epic mountain run than Facebook is designed for. I didn't want to drop a boring file in a cloud with a link so, here I am. Maybe this can be an excuse to start "blogging" again. Does anyone else still do that? Is everyone podcasting now or just tweeting short race reports? What about Vlogging? Maybe it's time to get a go-pro and a selfie stick and take it to You Tube. Naw...Turns out I've got a face for radio...but I've also got a voice for print so let's just stick to the blog. 

Anywho, I'll have a run report up in the next couple of days for the 2019 MURCA Virtual 50K run benefiting The Warriors Keep. For this adventure I flew out to Las Vegas and ran in the Spring Mountains bagging Bristlecone Peak and UN 7,401 in deep snow on the way to 30 mountain miles. It was slightly awesome. I'll also try and do some work on this antiquated blog just in case writing the race report reawakens a desire to write more....I'll let you know on Face-book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment